Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - gen. maintenance tips
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #356 (permalink)
Kaelan2011

Question Wax job

Hello lads,

I recently purchased my new snowboard and decided I wanted to wax it myself. Checked all the how-to's, watched snowwolfs guides on it, etc. But I'm having doubts whether I did it right, so I hope you can help me out. Since I only board on trips, I haven't been able to test how it rides yet.

My two main worries are that 1) after waxing (before scraping) the surface looks much more 'sloppy' than you'll see in all the vids and 2) my scrapings are powder and not the kind of shavings you see in the vids.

I used an all temperature wax (magic potion cake wax) and followed the normal routine: clean, drip the wax, iron it in, let it cool (30 min.), scrape, buff. Iron wasn't too hot (no smoke at least), but the surroundings were quite cold (near zero degrees celsius, 32 degrees fahrenheit)

Have you guys/girls got any indication if I did anything wrong and if so, what that could be? Maybe the outside temperature, properties of the wax or anything else. Thnx for the effort!

Left: after waxing, Right: after scraping. No picture of the scraping powder unfortunately.

nummer een klein.jpg nummer drie klein.jpg
Kaelan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote