Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2011 K2 Turbo Dream 157W
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
ShredTaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
Nice review

how much do you weigh?

I am looking at a TD as a possible replacement for my 2011 Highlife which I am selling. Seems the TD will be softer and a little more playful which is what I want.

Its just one of several boards I am looking at. I really want an all mnountain freestyle ish sticj but it has to be very good in powder which is what I ride mostly.

How does the board feel doing tight turns in trees in the pow?
I'm 180lbs. This board is the best i've ridden in trees and steeps. Quick edge to edge(even for a wide). If i had to break down my riding so far this year it would be like this: 80% STEEPS/Trees, 10% park, 10% groomers. I also like to do the all mountain freestyle thing, huck off cornices, hit natural gaps, rock drops, etc. My favorite riding has always been and always will be trees, and this is the board for it. I spend most of my spare time looking for powder, if it's not available by lift accessible terrain, i start to hike. Again, the more i ride this board the more i love it. I guess I have about 35-40 days on it this year. Took one really nasty core shot on the west basin(the steepest of the steep around here, hikable access) but had it base welded and repaired. That repair is holding up perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb889 View Post
Shredtaos is spot on. I ride an '11 TD too. At Taos about 6 days a year. It's a great all around board. My last stick was a traditional camber Burton Custom. Not to bag on that board but I would take the TD over that board any day of the week. I'll have to be on the look out for you shredtaos next time I'm up there. Maybe next week. Either there or wolf.
Just yell at me if you see a 6'1 guy riding a turbo dream, i usually rock a brown jacket with thing colored stripes, and a black/blue/pink helmet. Possibly with a go-pro attached. After the snow this week.. 24" we just got! You better be coming to taos!
ShredTaos is offline   Reply With Quote