Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heritage vs. Capita BSOD vs. Arbor Element CX
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nolefan2011

Just rode the TRS today. Solid board, but came away disappointed. Pretty squirely. I keep trying to find a better board than the T Rice, and continue to fall short.

Nobody on here will tell you what you want. You need to demo. For instance, do you like a loose feel, or stable flat basing. Do you want extra edge tech, or do you prefer boards that arent grippy. Do You like camber between the bindings, rocker, or have you considered flat like K2 likes to utilize. How damp do you want your board? How important is torsional flex?

Go demo. Try different profiles, try different edge tech. Nobody can tell you what your riding style will be.

For first year riders, I always generically suggest Never Summer. Super damp, super stable, very good edge tech. Will get you comfortably through the chop in the afternoon, plow everything, super stable for combo profiles, and are built like tanks.

Off the little info I have, try and SL. Gives you room to grow freestyle wise, can bomb a hill, and plow through chop and crud better than most.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote