Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 Cinch CTX 2012 cable problem & questions?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldrose View Post
hi hikeswithdogs, i do lift the highback forward when i skate, just with my hand, not kicking, I dont lock the highback up though.
Then I push the highback backdown to get my foot in.

Now that you mention it, the cable slipping does happen more when i have to skate and after ive manually lifted and lowered the highback. (without using the rubber loop)
i find that things are smoother when i use the rubber loop to lift the highback rather than moving the highback into place directly.

what are your thoughts?
I'm not sure exactly but I just know that a buddy of mine(with the same EXACT CTX year and model as me) had a major issue with the cable but he always kicked the kicked his high-back forward before he started skating, I've always just skated with my foot in front of my board so it's never been an issue for me.

not sure, go ahead and give it a shot and let us know if it made a difference. Good luck

BTW....I moved my Autoevers to my splitboard and put my Cinch's back on my resort board and I'm actually looking forward to having them back, hate to admit it but dam they are uber convenient.