Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Partial Waxing
Thread: Partial Waxing
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
ShinigamiZR

Default Partial Waxing

So, I ride a Bataleon ET. After the last time I boarded, I forgot to check how my wax was and right before I got to the mountain yesterday I noticed that my heelside was extremely dry, so the rental shop hot waxed my board for me. At the end of the day (maybe something like 10 straight hrs of boarding?) I noticed that both the heelside and toeside were dry again, but the centre of the base was relatively untouched.

My questions are specifically directed to those of you who also ride Bataleons but anyone too I suppose, do you ever just wax the sides and not the centre? Is there any reason that the whole board should be waxed at the same time or anything like that?

Edit: I'm asking because I was planning on using the "special" Bataleon wax that I received with my board and I don't really want to run out of the lighter wax before the darker and I predict that I would have to touch up my sides a lot more often than the centre. Also, does anyone use regular waxes with their Bataleons and is there a difference in performance?

Last edited by ShinigamiZR; 02-18-2012 at 08:12 PM.
ShinigamiZR is offline   Reply With Quote