Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heritage vs. Capita BSOD vs. Arbor Element CX
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

I have to agree with NS being a great beginner board. Not just for beginners of course, but the dampness really helps you build confidence. I went from a stiff cambered Technine board right into the SL and my confidence to go fast jumped big time. I moved to a softer Evo this season and while less damp, it still handled speed surprisingly well. I started jumps on the SL and it was very stable on landings for me. I'm a novice there of course, and my jumps are speed bumps compared to everyone else but it instilled confidence.

After my Denver trip I found myself wanting to go faster and jump more so I picked up a Coda, just to see what the fuss about System is all about, but the never summer sticks still rank high in my opinion for damp, fit and finish, and build quality. That evo base took some pop shots and I didn't even find evidence of it after.

I think the SL would be a good board to start with. One thing I did was beveled the edge to 1/1, and detuned the tip tail, and slightly detuned the contact points on my last Evo (I've had two). made a subtle but noticeable difference. It was definitely hooky out of the box if you get lazy or sloppy.

Last edited by jdang307; 02-19-2012 at 04:04 PM.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote