Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - snowolf - skidded to scarves - update
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
firstx1017

Default snowolf - skidded to scarves - update

Okay update for yesterday. My right knee was still really sore and painful after last weekend and I could only get a few runs in yesterday. The conditions were crappy - light layer of snow on top of ice so no way to really dig in due to the ice. Yesterday I was to work on trying to not skid my turns but try crossover turns to start to scarve according to your reply to my video from last weekend and to tilt my board and try to flex my ankles. Well... only about 2 times was I able to really turn on my heelside correctly and not skid and try to go across the fall line and I really felt like I was flexing my ankles and tilting the board - but of course on the video it doesn't look any different from last week. I also was trying to start my turns with my edge so that the board would track across the fall line - but of course, wasn't able to do that either. My heelside a few times I was able to almost have no skid in my turn, but when I go to my toeside I am still just slidding down the run. After just a few hours my right knee was in so much pain I had to stop. I was too sore to even go today. It usually takes me about a month to actually succeed at trying something new, so I will keep trying, but boy, this is not easy at my age...... I'm not giving up..... yet.....
Vicki

2 18 12 - YouTube