Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Forward Stance ...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
dice

Thnx guys! Well.. I started my day at +27/+15 and right away I could feel I'm not in my zone at all! It's already a directional with a set-back vs my usual twin boards, smaller stance, forward stance, and top that didn't rotate/align my back leg high back with the board (so I had twice more power on the front foot)! After two runs I almost gave up on the board! My body had already rotated before the board made it's turn... and that was a major crash waiting to happen!

Thankfully, by the 3rd run I just decided to stop & fix my stance back to duck and see what gives! From there on, I had the BEST day of my life on that board (review to come soon)!!!

My error was going drastic right away. maybe if I start slowly I could get there. But then I realized that park jumps, rollers, & ollie all came much easier with my duck stance (which is all I've known).

I may give it a shot one day again, but highly unlikely! Nothing is wrong with duck stance and I can pretty much do everything with ease (carve, pop, boxes, jumps)!

Having said that, I did realize that I could expander adjust my twin +18/-15 stance to (current) +27/-15 or play around that (like +27/-9) which worked GREAT for this directional board. I'll keep my +18/-15 on the twins.

I hope this serves to be of help.

Cheers...
dice is offline   Reply With Quote