Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Minnesota Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #69 (permalink)
oefdevilvet
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I just wish Granite Peak didn't groom everything, everyday. Obviously their parks are mainly why snowboarders go there, so those need to get handled daily. On days when they do get good snow and those are rare, they still groom the whole hill except the few half ass glades and a few things they call "chutes" they have, even the bottoms of the chutes are groomed. They should just do the parks and the lower half of the hill, and only groom 3-4 blacks on the eastern and western edges, and not go anywhere near the chutes or the glades. They just groom so damn much, they don't have an awful lot of ice problems, but it's around and their base is almost like concrete right now. Last Sunday it was really sketchy in the morning around 25, nice in the middle of the day it was like 31-33, and as it began to drop below freezing again it got kinda shitty again. Going to Mount Bohemia this weekend, I'm calling LES on thursday-saturday up there, could be the last chance for any real midwest "powder". Fingers crossed.