Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Ride MAchete GT
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Raines

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.anders View Post
I rode the machete gt last week at the Stratton on snow demo.
It's pretty awesome.
Here's my take:

157 Ride Machete GT/Rodeo's
This is the best machete yet. Hybrid camber and pop walls, which is new tech, the carbon stringers are in the slimewalls tip to tail. It had so much juice out of a turn and off rollers, the more you would push it the better the machete would perform. It's not exactly a butter machine, but I'm 220 pounds and can damn near press anything this side of an oak door. Hands down the best board i rode all week, suits my needs perfectly. I will defiantly have this one in my quiver next season.
The bindings where a perfect match for the for board. Aluminum baseplates, wedgie footbeds and good straps. Not much else, exactly the way a binding should be.

Disclaimer....I don't work for ride, the board was genuinly that good. I had to write reviews of everything I rode for the owner of my shop. He needed to know we weren't going to the on snow for a 3 day bender...
did you feel the 157 good for you or too short? would the 160 be better for all mountain except park ?
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote