Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board Suggestions!
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
jojotherider

sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to deposit my $.02...

I picked up a 2009 Gyrator and finally got the opportunity to ride it this past weekend. It was full of awesome sauce in the pow pow. We had 18" of new up here in Washington and this board was super fun to ride. I have to say that this board was much better on the groomers than I was expecting. I rode a Gnu Riders Choice for a couple years and currently have a Nitro Team Gullwing and Capita Ultrafear. I think riding on the reverse camber boards helped me understand how to ride the Gyrator. I actually felt pretty stable on it straightlining some groomed and choppy sections. Carving on it was also pretty good.

My point is that its relative to your experience. I can imagine that anyone coming from a regular cambered board would think its not stable at all. Maybe even someone coming from a hybrid camber board.

Here's my recommendation if you haven't already figured something out. You've already got the Park Pickle that you can use on not so deep days. Just because its a park board doesn't mean you can only ride it in the park. I think you should keep that board and also pick up a dedicated pow board. Its a pretty awesome experience to ride and float with little effort in the deep stuff.

-joel
jojotherider is offline   Reply With Quote