Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Minnesota Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #73 (permalink)
ChadH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigravity19 View Post
How is the snow out there this year?

This is my first year away from MN. Frankly, I feel underprepared for western mts after MN's black diamonds(still a good problem to have). As I was telling my buddy all it takes is turning down hill to deal with s$@%^y conditions in MN, 1-2 minutes later it is over.

I do miss the crappy, fun Troll pipe, Spirit's park and the fun of boarding in -20 conditions. Not joking either some of my favorite times boarding.
Trolls "pipe" (or stunt-ditch as it's also known as) is gone this season. They plowed down the right side of it and widened that hill out. They did leave the left side, which is kind of a 1/4 pipe now. I will say, the 1/4 pipe is groomed better than the "1/2 pipe" ever was.

Some of my best and most fun days out boarding have also been when the temps are between -10 and 5 above. I love those days. The snow conditions never change and are pretty much the same in the afternoon as they are in the morning.
ChadH is offline   Reply With Quote