Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Minnesota Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #74 (permalink)
gprider_capita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
It's the only thing people in the midwest know... groomed runs that is. At my home resort at Trollhaugen in Dresser, WI, we get people who complain if it's not groomed (usually skiers); especially after an overnight snowfall. They simply don't know how to ride in "natural" snow. If we do happen to get 4+ inches or more during overnight snowfall, there are a few areas on the sides of runs that the groomer will leave open; but never an entire run (except for maybe 1 of them). It's just so sad. However, I do like me a good concrete (not icy... there's a difference) day every now and then; it's those days I sharpen the edges and get out and really crank on it.

A group of us instructors are heading to Blackjack / Indianhead / Whitecap in March. I hoping that one of those days we are blessed with some fresh overnight snow!

Have fun at Mount Bohemia!
I ride at granite peak and i could not agree more, it pisses me off that they groom every single run even after a good snowfall.
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote