Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting back up
Thread: Getting back up
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
onji

Thanks folks,

@mojomaestro - I always take a pack when I'm BC, no two ways about it. Never thought of using it as a platform, but that's good thinking. I might try it next time I get stuck in thigh deep.... which could be this weekend, the weatherman's predicting a soooooper big dump for Western Hokkaido tomorrow night

@killcimbz - I totally agree, I only have this problem when I'm on my ass, not really an issue when I faceplant. But dude, do you ride with poles??? When I reach the summit I just throw mine in the back with the snowshoes.

I've watched my smug ass skiing buddies overtake me on the flats with their poles, and I've considered getting them back out for a split second....

@Snowolf - Well yeah I took your first point of advice and that's been the most helpful. I only fell once on my last BC trip when a tree branch got the upper hand.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who does somersaults to wind up in a better position to get up
onji is offline   Reply With Quote