Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Playing Hookie Tuesday!!! Mtn High or Summit???
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
Bear and Summit still suck. Bear is all park, unless Geronimo is open. I never seem to go when it is. Summit is FLAT!!!!!! Mtn High has a few redemming factors, the biggest (for me) is I can be there in under an hour. BB/SS is about 3

Mtn High is good for two things...park laps and keeping your chops up between mammoth trips Also, 99.8% of the people that go ONLY ride the park. I have had 2 "powder" days at High and still EVERYONE is crammed into the park and the bunny hill while East is empty. If you show them a season pass from any other Ca resort you can get a lift ticket for 25 bux.

I could have *almost* bought a season pass with all the 25 dolla lift tix I bought this year :-/
From San Diego the drive is similar, but Mt High is just plain small. They all suck compared to real resorts, sure. If you get bored of park, you can take the shuttle etc. etc. The thing about Mt. High is, as you say, it's a park, and a small one at that. They're better this year but the park SUCKED last year. It was terrible.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote