Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #1829 (permalink)
oefdevilvet
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
If we went it would be a day trip probably from Marquette, and the forecast up in Marquette MI looks pretty dismal for next weekend. I'm not counting it out - yet...
It's about time you trolls got some snow, I'll see if I can get some info around here on whether to expect good conditions next weekend or not and let you know. One other thing that might help is to check forecasts for Mohawk/Copper Harbor. I would suggest looking at weatherunderground.com or johndee.com, those two are usually pretty accurate what I usually do is look at Copper Harbor and Mohawk 5-10 forecasts on weather.com and then use weatherstreet.com to watch the Jet Stream, Air Mass Temps, and Air Mass Humidity. It's a little more technical but look for W, NW or SE winds with high humidity levels and cold air systems moving south from Canada that cover the northern half of the UP, that is typically when you will find the best conditions there. As I said though I will investigate and let you know what's up, I get into it when looking for the best conditions here and you either don't understand what I just said or have lost interest a while ago. I don't blame you.