Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Freeride/Charging Bindings
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel M View Post
That doesn't make any sense. I have a buddy that has an Atlas on a Heritage and I put in on my SL. We don't have any problems with heelside initiation at all. Did you rotate your highbacks? They flex laterally, but are very stiff longitudinally.

The SL's have a very similar highback.
Rotate? Doesnt matter. Go push straight back into even like Raiden Zeros or K2 Indys. Straight back they're just as stiff as anything else. That's easy to do. But when you drive through a heelside on anything except full center reverse you drive pretty heavily on the outside of the highback, if you know how to really push through a turn. If they arent torsionally as well as straight back then you get nothing back there to push on. It isn't the initiation where you'll feel it, its the apex where you snap through. I've had the same problem on Flux highbacks like on the DS30 and the new highback on the DMCC light 2013. I'll still back Flux cause they're light as shit and the ratchets work and dont break.

I couldn't give a rats ass how good someone is. I know people that can double cork but cant feel the difference between a 7.4 and 8.0 sidecut. Ability does not transfer into gear quality knowledge.

I love that us "hatred" get called out, all I did was say that the SL's werent fucking gold unicorn hair and the fanboys flip there shit. These Union debate threads normally get their kickstart fram a fanboy freaking shit casue someone said a bad thing about his favorite colorful bindings.

Why am I qualified? I ride more shit than you ever will. I have felt what everyone puts out. I can compare everything to everything. I kno when a board claims biax and is actually triax. I know when the rep tells me its flat then I true it and they for sure were confused cause it was Gullwing (happened last year). Union is sub par.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote