Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Freeride/Charging Bindings
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanoftheNorth View Post
Hi, first post here, long time lurker.

You know, I've been looking at some of the reviews here and I find it quite hilarious that certain people here are trashing Union bindings. You know the ones. It seems like they are trying to establish a quasi-guru like reputation for themselves. (Don't you think there are better ways to seek validation than the internet?).

When you cut the bull, it remains that Union bindings are good value for the price.

Just recently, I bought a pair of Union Force for me and a pair of Union Milan for my wife. Why? Good reviews, they look like they won't be out of style in a season or two, and my son's coach, a formerly internationally ranked snowboarder and one of just a handful of people in the country where we reside that is qualified to judge international competitions, told me they'd be a great buy when I asked (and he uses Flow NXT-AT bindings). If someone who knows so much about the sport thinks so highly of them, they aren't crap despite what the pseudo-gurus will have you believe.
lmfao - good thing you came out of lurking to tell us all that.

personally i have no use for a company that continually puts out a product year after year with out addressing problems that the community that they serve have discovered. toecaps have been standard for what, a decade now? and they still can't - and refuse to - get them right.

some more news for you - lots of pros actually don't really know too much or give a shit about gear or gear tech. they ride what they get for free or have the opportunity to get paid to ride. end of story. i've kicked it with enough of these dudes to know that most of them have a natural ability that is just much higher than you or i, and they would ride better than us on much shittier equipment then the industry as a whole uses now.

i don't hate union. i simply pity the fool who spends their money on them when there are much better options that will fit any snowboard boot well, instead of only fitting 15% of them right.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote