Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #1834 (permalink)
oefdevilvet
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'll give all the info I get but keep in mind, I can't make promises. I'm just passing on the opinions are around here from the owner and people who have been here before, this is my third time here and before that I was living in italy while I was in the military and it was a 4-5 hour drive into the heart of the alps, so I'm not a complete expert on weather patterns around here. But weather patters were similar in having in how the storms form there with both of them having a large body of water surrounding them, and I'm interpreting what the conditions there changed the weather and look at it from a NW directions instead of a SW. So I'm watching the sites I mentioned earlier in this thread and getting a daily update from Lonnie and the regulars, including a couple patrollers, that's what I'm going off of.

Conditions were pretty good today overall there's some fresh out there right now but you have to work to get there, thinking tomorrow looks to be low 30's, forecast says 34, but the next week it should stay under 30, mostly upper 20's but it might get a little windy. The storm their looking for is Sunday-Monday for sure, I've heard a couple people say maybe a foot with the lake causing heavier snow in the area. The forcast says 2-8 general idea is 5 for sure, probably 8 and a foot if we get lucky, due to lake enhanced snow Monday might actually have more snow than Sunday.

I'll get pics tomorrow in the morning and maybe a video, I don't have a GoPro, and some more as it gets warmer.

Last edited by oefdevilvet; 02-23-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Some yokal gave me word he thinks it's going to start blasting snow tomorrow and keep going till sunday night, unlikely.
oefdevilvet is offline   Reply With Quote