Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #1630 (permalink)
Cycle4Fun

Name's Cycle4Fun. When not boarding I'm waiting for the damn trails to dry so I can mountain bike. Spring (February this "winter"?) is the worst.

After 10 years of skiing, I decided to learn to snowboard at our local hill in Akron, OH. It would give me something to do this winter. After two lessons and two fun days I went out and bought equipment after doing some searching. I ended up with good comfy boots, gnu mutant bindings and a Rossi Trickstick to learn on. I spent money on the boots and bindings with a good deal on the board. The Gnu's were a necessity so that my expert skier fiance wouldn't have to wait for me on the hill.

It's been a blast learning snowboarding and I feel like I've progressed to the beginnings of the intermediate level. Linking turns is no problem. I'm starting to work on switch and am "scarving" my turns. I can't quiet nail a consistent carve yet. The black runs at Holiday Valley, NY are rideable even in the very icy conditions we've had this year. I'm not interested in the park and spend all of my time cruising the runs.

I'm looking forward to a day at Mont Ste-Marie in Quebec followed by 4 days in Killington, Vt to end my season.
Cycle4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote