Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Travis Rice is with union now

6K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  baconzoo 
#1 ·
This was the first time I heard about this:dunno: Thats awesome if he did because I love my unions.

#17 ·
While I'm sure that no one goes out and buys them just because Rice is using them..
Are you sure about that? There are some pretty easily influenced people around.

One would hope that a superstar like him riding them would mean the company and its R&D will progress at a higher rate because of it.
Yeah, they'd hope you would think that :cheeky4:

#22 ·
He's the smartest business minded snowboarder out there. He's turned his name into a great brand and I applaud him for it. He's just doing what Craig Kelly tried to do except wih the business smarts of Tony Hawk. One day he'll buy Baldface Lodge or something similar and dissapear into the back country with his piles of cash.

#31 ·
I don't see TR disapearing from snowboarding anytime soon. As his skills begin to diminish he'll adapt his riding style and find ways to stay in the sport. You can already see him evolve from his comp days to his big mountain stuff. He's a pretty creative guy. I don't see him going the way of Guch or Kevin Jones.

#37 ·
There will be at least one more Brain Farm epic. They took what they learned in TITA and refined it for TAoF (even though I prefer TITA) and really cranked up the marketing exposure and look at the result. It was easily the most successful crossover "true" snowboard flick. I just can't see them not doing a trilogy and that wouldn't happen without T. Rice.

#39 ·
I was on the Union site a few weeks and there was a one pager that just T.RICE in bold orange. I will be looking for the binding brand this weekend while I am watching Red Bull Super Natural.

Just on a side note: I think RICE chose Union because of the R & D they do already. What other company is mixing it up with DuPont to make there product lighter stronger. Rice wants the best equipment and Union offres that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.