Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - At what point do you guys upgrade your boots?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
smboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairadux View Post
Hey all,

I've got a pair of Salomon Synapse boots. They're pretty comfy overall, however I've got two issues:

1) Heel lift when I go toe side on my lead foot
2) I'm getting tired of the lacing system - the strap hangs, or the lace grip likes to fall out of its pocket. Not to mention the fact that I can never get the bottom to tighten enough. Half the time when I'm pulling it, the lace catches with the top latch and locks up there.

So my question is, is this enough to pull the trigger and get the DC Judge? They've got a cool double BOA system and have a very good reputation of heel hold.

However, I know that the Synapse is generally comfortable, and I'd hate for the Judge to fail me that way.

What does it take you guys to pull the trigger and get new boots?

To each their own, I guess... I have the same boots and they're by far my favorite lacing system. Super fast to tighten up compared to most systems and they haven't given me any issues in 4 or 5 seasons (I've heard people needing wire cutters to get BOAs off when the tightening mechanism breaks).

I like how there's only one set of laces but you can still adjust the bottom tightness independent of the top. I do get some heal lift now that they've stretched but nothing too bad.

Do you wear the top section slightly loose? I've noticed they come loose if they're not tightened pretty well. I usually just hold the tongue out slightly when I'm pulling the laces up. That seems to better set the laces in place.
smboarder is offline   Reply With Quote