Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Awesome Jay
Thread: Awesome Jay
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowcraze

Default Awesome Jay

I feel like I've never really been to Jay peak. The last time i went there, it was after a nasty ice storm with 30 miles per hour winds. They shut down most lifts and visibility was so poor i could see shit. Any snow that they had was blown away by the winds, leaving icy patches and hard granular snow.

So it was with some doubt and apprehension that i went back to jay for some spring boarding yesterday. All i can say was, it was freaking awesome. The snow was nice and soft and easy to carve in. Sure there were some patches of water around (kinda expected since the temperature in vermont was hitting low 80s the past couple of days) which was actually fun to splash around in your snowboards. Then of course.... there was the pond skimming contest thing where people try to carry enough speed and then skim across the pond and make it to the other side withoout dunking in. At the end some guy actually went butt naked. It was crazy. There was a bbq going on... people walking around in beers and bikinis, the temperature was around 75 and the sun was shinning. An awesome end to the ski season i must say