Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Setup (Video/Photo/Editing)
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #41 (permalink)
Fredles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinHoernig View Post
I definitely love the 7D. I've got a Panasonic Lumix GH2 now as well. Both are incredible cameras, but I think I actually favor the GH2 now :P

As for the 7D vs 5DII debate, that's completely dependent on what you want to spend and what your needs are. If you're just planning on filming sports, etc, the 7D is probably the way to go. If you plan to film more cinematic type stuff, the 5D will probably suit you better as it has a much larger full frame sensor. It's also a lot more expensive, and in order to really notice the difference between the 7D and 5DII you'll need to shell out a lot of money for good glass!
I didn't even know they already made a GH2. I'll have to look up the specs on it.. I'm guessing once I check them out I'll see why you like it over the 7d.

Looks like I don't need to get the 5D then, appreciate the advice! Saved me quite a bit there. Now its 7D vs GH2.. time to do more homework when its not 2 am after shredding all day today.

thanks again!