Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - At what point do you guys upgrade your boots?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
I just got a pair of double boa and they are the shit. You can fine tune them to suit your foot, its like you are your own personal boot fitter.
Heres some crazy shit: my traditional laces do that too.

I will grant you they don't have the cool factor of a gear assembly and stainless steel cables. Oh which by the way are all more fragile and catastrophic when they break, compared to their low-tech cousin. If you have a cable break on the mountain there is a decent chance your day is over. If the knob assembly breaks or fouls, your day is probably over for sure.

Ill admit I'm a BOA hater, I mean sure, its fun, and neat, but unless you are actually using these for something like skinning, quit singing their praises and admit you just like having another toy on your boots.

If the best boot that fits you at the shop has BOAs, then by all means, buy and wear them. Just don't tell yourself lies about what they are providing. Yanking your knobs has nothing to do with snowboarding, I tie my boots once and go ride.

You can like them all you want, I liked them even when they were on boots that didn't fit. Going from them back to laces just made me realize the reality of the situation.