Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #1840 (permalink)
oefdevilvet
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The following is right off of Johndee.com, so now I'm thinking of just staying till wednesday if I can pull it off.

"At any rate, the way things look right now, snows would break out across the Dakotas late Monday night into Tuesday and then spread into areas of the Midwest generally to the north of a line from around Sioux Falls SD to Escanaba, MI and then due east from there. The heaviest snows would thus occur in the southeast 1/2 of SD, the southeast 1/4 of ND, all but the far NW corner of MN, all of the UP and roughly the northern 1/3rd of WI. Snow totals as seen right now would be in the 10-15" range, with some locales in central and NE MN and most of the UP possibly seeing over 20" of snow fall.

I know, exciting stuff eh? Maybe we can coin this the "Leap-Year Storm"? Just remember, things can and probably will change some with the details with this system. However, I do think there is about a 65-75% chance of a major winter storm impacting areas of the Northwoods the middle of next week.

The storm will then be winding down later on Wednesday night and by Thursday, most of the Midwest will be quiet. The exceptions could be across the UP and NWL MI snow belts where additional LES could occur into Thursday."

Mardi Gras is the following saturday up here and everything nearby seems to be booking up fast if you plan to stay here. After there might be one more good storm the way this winter is going, but the things are the next 1-2 weeks are looking decent. Unless they get the heavy wet shit, because then this place turns to ice and rock after the temp drops below freezing.