Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What do you think of my snow outfit

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  chomps1211 
#1 ·
Please be honest.
I think it looks ok, but it's not amazing looking. I was going to order online that plaid jacket from my other thread but they don't have my size and anyways it won't be shipped by the time I go snowboarding. Do you think I should keep this jacket?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, the two tones kinda wash each other out. I would have gone with a different color as opposed to different shade or a pattern on the jacket or pants. The outfit isn't horrible, I'm sure you will be just fine though as the fashion police aren't as harsh on the slopes as people are harsh on themselves.

#12 ·
Please don't think I'm trying to "Dis" you, or trolling for a flame war, cuz honestly I'm not! But if "No one gives a shit" about the outfits,.. how come I read so many posts where people r "Raggin'" someone about how they look?

As a NooB, I know I'm WAY more concerned about how my skills are progressing, and not looking like an out of control "DOOFUs" when I'm riding! but even so,.. I sure don't want to look like I'm "showing up for day one of clown school instead of going riding." either!!! ;) :D

If I could "Shred" the slope like an "X Games" star, maybe I wouldn't really care, but some of the getup's I see on the hill? Boy you better have some game if you're gonna go around looking like that!! :laugh: :D

...SnowboardEve, from what I can see, (...the pic's really DO suck! BTW) ;) It's a bit of an understated look compared to what I've noticed on the hill! But it works! When you're ready to get your own gear,.. you can always "Loud it up" some with your choice of board, boots 'n other accessories! Right? In the mean time,.. have a "Blast" riding!!!! :D

#16 · (Edited)
When I started I had all solids too. Brown jacket, black pants etc. I didn't want to stand out. Now that I don't suck that bad it's nice for friends to be able to pick me out in a crowd. So I had to liven up a boring snow wardrobe on a limited budget.

I fixed my problem by up buying obnoxious purple boots and other crazy accessories. I know you said you were renting so loud boots/bindings are out. What you need to do is get some cute things to add to your pants/jacket. Get a cute beanie and bright print face mask. Some of the pipe gloves are cute too. What kind of goggles do you have?

#18 · (Edited)
Buy a new outfit for next season. Heck you should be able to go to shops and get 40%+ off now. I did and left with a new jacket when all i wanted were gloves. Just in time for the Snowboarding trip to JAY

***opps i just saw you said you just bought the jacket. With that said it's fine for your trip. Maybe buy some new pants on monday.

#21 ·
I was going to leave some sarcastic comments in this thread until I realized you are a female. In light of the situation, your outfit gets my full approval. :thumbsup: So much better than that other thread with all the guys posting up pictures of themselves wearing their snowboard gear. This I don't mind.

#22 ·
What are you going for? Your "outfit" looks fine. If you are trying to stand out, the colors are too similar. If you are trying to be different, the colors are too neutral. If you are trying to go out and ride and not look like you are wearing the same snow pants you wore in the 6th grade, you're fine. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.