Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #1847 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmubennett View Post
Haha sounds like fun until the end. I'm right there with you still trying to learn new things which means falling! The weather looks favorable at boyne through this week so I may have to drive myself out there this coming up weekend.
I've already got my personal day for approved Fri.. I'll b headed that way early Fri. morning for a 3 day weekend. I hope they get DUMPED on right up till Sat.!!! gonna try and hit Highlands, Nubs & B. Mnt. before I leave!!

BTW, I was WAY over due for a "biff" like yesterday's! Lately, I've been ramping up my speeds, doing harder runs, I learned to go & link turns toe-side while riding switch, I've even done a dozen or so entire blue runs riding switch from top to bottom. All without catching an edge, or a single major fall!! So I was "Definitely" due for a bit of humbling!! Lol!!!

I finished out the day just riding and doing a little "spinning"! Linking 360 degree spins, around and around on the mellower part of the slope, just to fine tune my "Edge" awarness!! It's funny, Yesterday was the very first time I ever tried to spin like that. Now that I can "manage" a little switch riding, I thought I'd give it a try. It went really well! No falls! (My ass is thankful for that today!!)

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 02-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote