Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I can't ollie, too weak?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
CheeseForSteeze
With extra cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1021 View Post
I ride a skate banana with burton missions (pretty stiff bindings). I'm 5'7, 135lb. The skate banana is 149cm. The binding position is at the widest allowable. Angle is at 13/-13..

anyways...I can't ollie. I can get air by jumping up with both legs but I know that's not the proper way. When I try to flex the board and pop off the tail, I just can't hold the energy on my back leg. I can't flex the board enough for it to spring me into a pop....

Is this just a strength thing? What I really want to do is just pop and do a front side 180 on the flats, transitioning or off a little bump or whatever.

Narrow your stance, that's probably like 24" or more which is ridiculous given you are 5'7". I am the same height and I rock about a 22.5" which is on the wider side.

The way you describe your ollie sounds like you are trying to do it in discrete steps; it sounds like you are trying to press the tail and pogo stick off it. Ollie it like a skateboard, get low, start to pop up and as you start to get light, snap space right outside the binding and let it boost you up.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote