Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Spring Break
Thread: Spring Break
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
budderbear

March tends to be our snowiest month here in Colorado but not always (it could have been February this year) As far as resorts go though, we finally have a decent base at most resorts 40-60 inches or so. If your a groomer type of person you probably won't notice the lack of snow too much since most the runs have been covered with man made or natural snow by now, but if you plan on doing any trees or side country then I suggest bringing your rock board or doing your best to find powder stashes. Keystones trees on the front mountain blows this year, but north peak and outback have some decent spots. Not that I condone it but I have found some incredible powder spots under the ropes at A-basin, I'm talking waist deep stuff in spots, and untouched 10 foot drops into a pillow of powder. Keep in mind though its illegal in summit county to duck ropes and could cost you a $1000 fine or your life without the proper gear (I've only gotten caught once and it was a $175 fine , I do carry a beacon and probe with me though) A-basin usually gives you a warning but watch out at ski-stone, there straight up dicks when it comes to that. (Keystone is where I got the fine at, but thats not what pisses me off, I totally deserved it, but they originally said there where just going to suspend my pass for 2 weeks, but when I got down the mountain, they apparently changed there minds and gave me a fine, and took my pass for a month and had a cop there threating me to take my gear away and give me a ticket for marijuana possesion even though I have my red card lawl... The other officer quickly pointed out I'm allowed to carry my bud anywhere with my as long as I don't use it in public view Long story(rant)-short, even with the snowfall this season there is still plenty of fun to be had and probably twice as much terrain open as most east coast resorts. If you plan right and watch noaa weather you might even be able to get a pow day in
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote