Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Heading to Fernie March 16-18 or so

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  poutanen 
#1 ·
My girlfriend and I are probably going to head down for a few days. It'd be fun to meet up with any members that may be around that weekend. :dunno:

#3 ·
Damn, you'll have to let me know how the snow is! My girlfriend is getting laser eye surgery the week before cause she can't stand boarding with glasses anymore. I did it in 2008 for the same reason, and this Fernie trip is going to be her celebration party! lol :D

Have a great trip! What other resorts you hitting? I hear Big White in Montana is another good one...

#7 ·
So, now I'm sitting in Kalispell Airport in MT. I ended up making a day trip to Fernie on Wednesday. The whole day was pretty much a waste unfortunately.

It was raining in the parking lot when we showed up. But, luckily it was snowing HARD at the peak. Unfortunately, about 2 hours after catching my first chair winds picked up fast, knocking down trees (saw one come down waiting in the lift line) and knocking people over as well. So, they shut down all but two lifts on the mountain. The powder that was near the top soon was covered in rain and then quickly froze an hour later when a cold front came though turning the place into an icy chunky parking lot. Couple that with the high winds and we called it a day around 2pm.

I did have a blast in MT though.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/ph...iding-trees-whitefish-montana.html#post496492

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.