Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #1902 (permalink)
boardaddicktd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDSkata View Post
Heres the video from Saturday, ill post up the pics when I have sometime.

Keweenaw Backcountry 1st Trip - YouTube

We never did get to Mt. Houghton. About 3 miles outside of it, the sled got stuck when we almost hit a tree. We walked about another eighth mile to find the road was closed by a gate anyways. After some consideration, we found there was no route around it without back tracking 2 miles, so we decided to start hiking the hills around us. Nothing but balls deep powder everywhere, and that was before 10"-15" that fell last night.

Lonnie at Boho was telling my friends about 15"-20" on Wednesday. That should put the whole area in that video at about chest deep pow.

With spring break approaching next week, I don't think I'll be able to make another trek out there till after, but with all this snow falling, it should all be accessible still in two weeks.
yo jake nice edit dude. looks like having the sleds gave you guys a hell of an experience in the back country. i remember seeing guys up at boho with sleds and we were jealous as hell because we had a mini-van that we took back to the house in copper harbor. good quality edit!

Last edited by boardaddicktd; 02-28-2012 at 09:24 AM.
boardaddicktd is offline   Reply With Quote