Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heritage vs. Capita BSOD vs. Arbor Element CX
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2813308004 View Post
If you're at SF you're going to be recommended the Heritage—if you go over to EL it'll be the BSOD. That being said—

The differences in the board aren't going to be noticed right now, the camber loading on the BSOD and Heritage won't feel too different at your level so it's a largely moot point, a difference you'll see though is the turn initiation on the NS is much easier being a more rockered less stiff board while the BSOD is mostly camber and stiffer.

Going forward however, I've tried both and the difference is in the camber—the Heritage is more squirrely at speed due to the location of the rocker past the bindings whereas the BSOD is more stable under foot on hardpack/corduroy/while carving since the camber is between the feet. Subsequently, the more pronounced camber, as well as its location, on the BSOD makes it also a better feeling carving board than the Heritage.

A few other differences is the warranty 3yr for the NS, 2yr for the capita. The BSOD is also lighter, the textured base on the NS is a bit more durable and the BSOD is a bit narrower excluding the "death grip."
Thanks so much for sharing your experience on this. This is just what I was looking for. For me, it's a clear simple easy decision based on your info. The BSOD is the board for me.

Thanks again.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote