Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bear Mountain Cali
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
Ive never been to bear when Chair 8 is open but I have heard that there is good times over there. Other then Geronimo, it's ALL park. I've also had some issues with being hassled by punk teenagers in line and on the shuttle between resorts. I think it's cos I'm (easily) twice their age and they are wondering why Im not at work with the rest of the old people (weekdays) More then once I've thought about asking others on the chair if they mind that I light up and would invited them to partake...I never do cos Im too worried about getting busted for corrupting a minor BB is punk kids, SS is a family resort if ya get my drift.

There is fun to be had at Snow Summit too, but there is NOTHING steep. They have some double blacks on the map but, they're groomed, and not that steep. And the 'steep' section is about 100 feet long. In my opinion if it's groomed then by default it can't be a double black but what the hell do I know? I normally ride at Mammoth so maybe my perception is skewed compared to someone coming from Detroit. But if you've been out west, then you will probably see things like I do. (i.e. it's FLAT!)

if you post this in southwest US you'll probably get more replies
Ah crap! This was supposed to be Southwest along with that Tahoe thread. Whoops.

So are Mammoth, SS, and BB all by each other? I should know all this considering I lived in Vegas most of my life lol. But alas, I wasn't a snowboarder in those days.

I'll be staying in San Diego so as far as I know, BB is the closest no?