Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bear Mountain Cali
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Ah crap! This was supposed to be Southwest along with that Tahoe thread. Whoops.

So are Mammoth, SS, and BB all by each other? I should know all this considering I lived in Vegas most of my life lol. But alas, I wasn't a snowboarder in those days.

I'll be staying in San Diego so as far as I know, BB is the closest no?
Yeah, I think BB is gonna be your closest resort. Big Bear and Snow Summit are close to each other, you can take a shuttle between the two or drive it yourself. It's best to shuttle or you get a fuct parking spot. I think they are going to be about 3 hours from you down in SD.

Mammoth is about a 7 hour drive from SD. I share a place up there with a bunch of people and a few come up from SD and they tell me it's a 7 hour drive with no traffic. Nuts. It takes me about 5 hours from LA. I could do it in 4 but the cops run many speed traps along the 395.

with the weather we're having, y ou should probably hit up th beach and learn to surf!! Enjoy the SoCal "winter"

oh and if you want trees? Bring what ever board you don't mind banging up a bit. If I was worried about my gear, I'd stick to the groomers at either place. They've probably not got good coverage outside the groomers.

Last edited by mixie; 02-29-2012 at 03:36 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote