Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bear Mountain Cali
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Ah crap! This was supposed to be Southwest along with that Tahoe thread. Whoops.

So are Mammoth, SS, and BB all by each other? I should know all this considering I lived in Vegas most of my life lol. But alas, I wasn't a snowboarder in those days.

I'll be staying in San Diego so as far as I know, BB is the closest no?
Yeah, I think BB is gonna be your closest resort. Big Bear and Snow Summit are close to each other, you can take a shuttle between the two or drive it yourself. It's best to shuttle or you get a fuct parking spot. I think they are going to be about 3 hours from you down in SD.

Mammoth is about a 7 hour drive from SD. I share a place up there with a bunch of people and a few come up from SD and they tell me it's a 7 hour drive with no traffic. Nuts. It takes me about 5 hours from LA. I could do it in 4 but the cops run many speed traps along the 395.

with the weather we're having, y ou should probably hit up th beach and learn to surf!! Enjoy the SoCal "winter"

oh and if you want trees? Bring what ever board you don't mind banging up a bit. If I was worried about my gear, I'd stick to the groomers at either place. They've probably not got good coverage outside the groomers.

Last edited by mixie; 02-29-2012 at 04:36 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote