Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Finally....Hunt or Kill?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
neutralmlkhotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWard View Post
That video is pretty funny and actually does remind me to consider Windham, but I have an unused Hunter 3X and times are tight. Still the runs at Windham empty are worthwhile and I wonder how the roads up at Hunter will be. Guess that is the best of worries.

Yeah, semi-sh*t show any weekend but if you can stand it, stay around Hunter West for as long as it holds interest. Usually it's the lowest of crowds. Also, if you dont mind dealing with half of the mountain, stay on the top left lift or bottom right lift to avoid the most crowds.
I do agree regarding the 3X. I had a midweek season pass to Windham 2 seasons ago and was there on EVERY pow day, except for one day at Hunter where it snowed 5 feet in one week up in the Catskills and we had a $25 pass there. They opened up trails that hadn't been open in 20+ years, like the cliff drop in the video I attached from our time there. All in all Windham has a place in my heart, only because I got 40 midweek days in there.

Welcome to Zork
neutralmlkhotel is offline   Reply With Quote