Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #65 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

this thread made me stop wearing a helmet. When i started riding a friend gave me his old one but it only fit with a beenie underneath. Not to mention it was hideous!! I wore it when I was learning (which is probably when you need it the least) and would still wear it on icy days. Then I saw that post with the OSHA regs-- I've ditched that thing and I'm not looking back. Maybe if I find one on sale with some headphones built in, I'll pick one up.

what I don't get is why helmets are such a hot topic. In any sport. not just ski/snowboard. I've seen a million altercations both online and in person over helmets in cycling as well. Why do people care what someone else does? How does my wearing (or not) a helmet effect you?

Random Facts: I've suffered 3 concussions in my life. One was from being hit in the face (martial arts tourney) the second was from crashing my bike at about 25 mph and landing on my head. (yes, with a helmet)

The third and far worst concussion was from slipping while playing DDR. Yeah, I know Im talented.

Last edited by mixie; 03-01-2012 at 07:13 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote