Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Riding flat based on pow?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
I agree that faster is better in pow.

The biggest mistake I see people make in powder is over turning. People get on a steep slope and feel like they still need to make deep carving turns. They eventually just get stuck and start stumbling around in the deep stuff. It really is a vicious cycle.

The best thing to do is to just open it up and fly down the hill with more gradual turns. You will be surprised how fast and how steep you can ride in the powder and how easy and fun it is.

Soon the only problem you will have is figuring out how to see when the snow is flying in your face and how to breath with pow starts getting stuck in your mouth
Yep. The only problem with riding awesome powder is that it makes everything else seem like teh suck in comparison.