Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Headphones Under Helmet
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Bang and Olufsen Earset 3i - Perfect for the "pro" boarder

I have tried to master the art of "working" from the hill this season. Basically with my job unless im traveling I can do almost all my work from phone. Last year I got the idea of working while snowboarding so I needed something that was going to be easy and provide the following.

1.) Music while while boarding
2.) Auto cut the music and go to the phone if a call came in
3.) Provided good sound quality for music
4.) Cut out ALL surrounding noise so people I talked to didnt realize i was snowboarding but rather "working"
5.) be comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

I have always loved Bang and Olufsen product and have owned all sorts of of their stuff from turntables, to speakers and phones. I'll admit im a bit biased, and also see value in paying extra to support the good design and a company which invests a lot into make good quality, killer looking stuff. I have an iphone 4s which comes with headphones that on paper "do the same thing" except the sound quality is balls, and it does nothing to cut background noise, so i jumped on the 3i as soon as I saw them.

I used them for the first time yesterday and they are PERFECT. The sound quality is the best of any earbud, and for me personally I dont like complete noise canceling when on the slopes for safety reasons so earbuds are the only thing that was making my short list. The sound quality from phone calls is so good (because its in both ears) its like sitting next to the person, and they cant hear anything but my voice.

The fit feels like they are barely on your ear, and stand up to wipe outs (tested) without falling out.

This might be the best purchase I have made in this hobby to date.

EarSet 3i - Bang & Olufsen

Last edited by Sassicaia; 03-03-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote