Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park Etiquette
Thread: Park Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Shankmasterflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowerclass View Post
I actually find hiking to be somewhat rude in some cases. Often when it comes to groups of 5 or so hiking they end up making it a steady stream even if you try to call a hit, so you usually have to snake to get your hit. Biggest problem among this however is hitting an obstacle with extra speed to do something extra special on it (gapping parts for example) when the hikers simply go the shortest distance possible. The specific instance I recall from this season would be the double rollercoaster box which I was trying to gap from one hump's top to the down of the next and there was about six kids just hiking it trying that lame ass thing where someone unstrapped spins them once they're on the box and none of them were landing anything. I figured it would be no biggie I was going to be there all day and they'd only keep it up for a few runs, well I was wrong, they were there until 4 hours or so before close. To end on a happy note however, in those four hours I got the gap.
booyah! worth it! haha