Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 board & binding demo reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
gprider_capita

Default 2013 board & binding demo reviews

I had the opportunity yesterday to demo boards and binding from Burton, Rossignol, and K2. If anyone else has demoed 2013 gear i think this would be a good thread for everyone to post reviews. I will also be using Angrysnowboarders format of review.

(1st out of 4)
Board: Burton Ration

Size: 152

Camber Option: Camber

Bindings: Burton Cobrashark (reflex)

Stance: 23 1/2

Angles: 15, -15

Boots: K2 haymaker size 12

My Weight: 175lbs.

Resort: Granite Peak

Conditions: Couple inches of fresh semi-heavy powder and light snowfall

Preconceived Notions: The Burton Reps said it was their softest board for next year so i thought it would be a great jibbing board and since it was camber i thought it would handle speed really well.

Flex: The board seemed stiff in the middle but it was softer after the feet and had a little play in it, the stiffness is comparable to the NS Revolver.

Ollies/Pop: Since it was cambered it has quite a bit of pop like most cambered boards.

Stability: This thing was great when hard charging down runs and plowed through crud like nothing. Has some forgiveness on landings for jumps.

Butterability: This board butters really well for being a somewhat stiffer park board.

Cruising: The board carves effortlessly from edge to edge.

Jibbing: Great camber option for jibbing, presses were ok and no hang ups on rails. It is a little more difficult to spin while you're on the rails, since it has the camber but it's great for basic jibbing.

Rider in Mind: If you are just starting to hit the parks or looking for a cheap cambered board for doing it all (or learning to) then this is definitely a good choice.

Personal Thoughts: I loved the camber for carving and it held up well on jumps, i'm use to the horrorscope for jibs but i could definitely see myself using this as a all mountain freestyle board. It seemed almost exactly like the neversummer revolver except the revolver would perform a little better for presses and buttering on rails, but for $250 less i would choose the ration.
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote