Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 board & binding demo reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
gprider_capita

Board: Burton Mystery EST

Size:158

Camber Option: V rocker

Bindings: 2013 Burton Malavita EST

Stance: 23 1/2 (1 inch set back)

Angles: 15, -15

Boots: K2 haymaker size 12

My Weight: 175lbs.

Resort: Granite Peak

Conditions: Couple inches of fresh semi-heavy powder and light snowfall

Preconceived Notions: Well since this is one of burtons most expensive boards and from what the reps told me it seemed like it would be some insanely lightweight powder slaying machine.

Flex: This board was very flexible all over and lots of play to it, but considering it's made out of such light material it should be flexible.

Ollies/Pop: Crazy amount of pop and ollies were effortless I hit some small natural features and it sent me pretty high, I didn't hit any actual jumps because the reps told me not to do any jumps or jibs on it and i had a setback set up so it wasn't really set up for those types of features.

Stability: Really stable on landings but wouldn't send it off of anything too big unless on some backcountry

Butterability: For having a set back on it, it still buttered really well.

Cruising: The V Rocker gave it a very surfy feeling, i felt unstable at higher speeds but that's because i'm use to the camber under foot and it seemed like it would do better in a real backcountry scene with lots of powder.

Jibbing: Didn't jib with it, but presses were pretty easy with it and it was very playful.

Rider in Mind: This thing is almost lighter than air, but unless you're willing to drop $1500 on this board and ride in alot of soft light powder this thing just seems like a waste of money.

Personal Thoughts: The noise that the carbon or teflon makes on snow is fucking annoying, but there is lots of great new tech in this board that will hopefully trickle down to other boards in the next few years. My favorite tech out of this board would have to be the frostbite edges which is basically a stainless steel edge and although very expensive it is a great idea.
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote