Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 board & binding demo reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
gprider_capita

Board: Rossignol Jibsaw w/magtek

Size: 157

Camber Option: freestyle camber, or flat camber for short

Bindings: Rossignol Cobra

Stance: 23 1/2

Angles: 15, -15

Boots: K2 haymaker size 12

My Weight: 175lbs.

Resort: Granite Peak

Conditions: Couple inches of fresh semi-heavy powder and light snowfall

Preconceived Notions: From what the Rossignol rep told me it seemed like it would be a great all mountain freestyle board but mainly focusing on jumps.

Flex: A little bit softer than the Burton Ration and it had a lot more play.

Ollies/Pop: I couldn't believe the pop on this board it had more pop than every board i have ever tried up to this point other than the K2 Happy Hour. This thing could ollie onto boxes and rails pretty good but i'm sure if i could've tested out a smaller one it would have been a lot better.

Stability: It was very forgiving on jumps and definitely can handle any jump thrown at it, it can also plow through anything it went through and rode over bumpy terrain without even feeling it.

Butterability: I was able to butter pretty well on it even though it was a little to big for

Cruising: The Magtek worked awesome on ice and the freestyle camber is great on all terrain

Jibbing: Jibbing was a little bit more difficult with it being a little bit too big but it would be a good mid stiff jibbing board and the flat camber helps a lot for spinning on rails

Rider in Mind: If you're looking for something to use on icy terrain,like to hit the park, and can only afford one board then this would be a good board for you and it's at a reasonable price.

Personal Thoughts: Even though they aren't very original on their tech, they still put together a great all around board in the jibsaw.
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote