Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 board & binding demo reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
gprider_capita

Board: K2 Happy Hour

Size: 151

Camber Option: Flatline

Bindings: K2 Cinch Ctx
Stance: 23 1/2

Angles: 15, -15

Boots: K2 haymaker size 12

My Weight: 175lbs.

Resort: Granite Peak

Conditions: Couple inches of fresh semi-heavy powder and light snowfall

Preconceived Notions: By the looks of the board i could tell i was going to have a "happy hour" with it.

Flex: semi stiff in the middle and decent flex on the tip and tail

Ollies/Pop: The Ollie bar definately makes a huge difference, i was overshooting jumps and getting too high in the air for even my comfort level with it but it held up great on landings.

Stability: For being a 151 this thing was stable at higher speeds and i felt surprisingly safe on ice.

Butterability: because of the tips on it this board butters like shit in my opinion but it's not really made to butter

Cruising: It felt like i was on a skate board basically, one of the most fun boards i have ever just cruised around on and i almost felt invincible at one point on it. I also was carving so hard and low i almost thought i was hard booting!

Jibbing: It was fun to jib on and I worried about the tips a little bit but they didn't seem to catch at all on the rail or boxes but i would be very cautious on corrugated tubing.

Rider in Mind: This board is definitely for someone that wants to have a good time on the hill no matter what they do. If you ride in the park a lot ride it small, if you ride in powder then ride at your normal size.

Personal Thoughts: Best board i have ever rode hands down. This board and Burton Cobrasharks would be a deadly combination in the park and if you ever get in a fight with an asshole skier at least you will always have a weapon on hand.

Last edited by gprider_capita; 03-04-2012 at 01:02 PM.
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote