Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Backfoot driver
Thread: Backfoot driver
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
ElPolloDiablo

Default Backfoot driver

Last weekend I was having some trouble and it felt like my back foot was taking over far more than usual. I haven't had a lot of trouble in the past (2nd year, probably 15th time out) with driving mainly with my front foot prior to this, but even when I consciously focused on driving turns with my front shin/calf, my back foot would at some point overpower my front edge and skid out.

There were a few differences this time out and I was hoping to get some opinions on if any of these could have lead to my issues. If you don't think these contributed, then any advice on how to counter act or at least what to watch for, would be appreciated.

1. New board - I went from a 159 Ride Agenda to a 161 Never Summer SL...The profile is different with the Ride being a "flat rocker" and the NS obviously being their RC

2. Binding angle - When I moved my bindings over to the new board, I went from a +15/-3 to a +12/-9 angle to test out a more even stance and to see if opening the back foot would alleviate pressure on my knees.

3. Snow - The day I was having the most trouble was raining in the morning and by lunch the trails we were riding were all nicely packed down and glossy. Edges felt tenuous at best.

Thanks for any feedback.
ElPolloDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote