Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - yet another critique my riding thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Giannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Don't worry this is a really confusing concept at first and it took me forever to get the timing down. A great drill to start really getting a feel for this is to do leapers only instead of popping up off of the snow, start from an extended position and just drop down low really really fast. You can start by just standing on a flat spot and from a tall position, just totally let your legs go noodle so that you feel like you are dropping straight down. When you do this fast enough, there is a brief second when the board lifts up off of the snow as you are dropping toward it. Once you do this a few times, do it while in motion, the add an edge change to it....
I will try it for sure next time i go boarding. I just tried doing it without a board in my living room and if i drop fast enough my feet lift up off the ground for a brief second, i dont know if this is the feeling you are describing. Also, using a down or up unweight motion in order to change edge, is it a preference that you choose and stick with it or people do both? And a last question about finding your flexed and extended position using the 1-10 scale. When you flex down to find your 10, i guess you mean without raising the heels? And is your 1 with completely stretched knees? Thanks
Giannis is offline   Reply With Quote