Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A Noodle Harder to Carve?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
SnowMotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle4Fun View Post
I'm riding on a Rossi Trickstik noodle. The board allowed me to quickly learn to link turns and progress quickly . The area where I am struggling now is a carved turn. My tail keeps washing out as I come about 45 degrees to the fall line on any turn other than a very very shallow carve. Washing out is more pronounced on my heal side.

I'm riding +15/-9.
Getting on the edges at the same time
Humping and dumping

Is part of my problem that I am trying to carve a park noodle?

FYI: I'll be demoing NS, ride and other boards this weekend as well as taking a private lesson. I feel fine with my investment in the Rossi since a friend is going to buy it from me for $175
Not sure b/c i cant see it but it may be that your transferring your weight to your back foot through your turn (very common on toe to heel turns). This will allow your heel edge under your front foot to disconnect and your back foot to follow. I came back from an injury to my front foot heel and found myself doing this out of pain when riding hard on my front foot. The boards will feel different but you should be able to do it on all of them. Definitely try out the NS they are a great board to carve with and fun freestyle all over the Mt!
SnowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote