Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To shred or not that is the question.... Vermonts impending rainstorm 3/4/12
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by appage View Post
i went to loon, conditions were really good. a few scraped out spots but nothing bad. it got a little cloudy mid afternoon but no rain. it was my first time to loon and i would definitely go back, really fun mountain with lots of stuff to play on
I haven't been to loon in about 15 years, but I remember it being a lot of fun! I think we hit Cannon and Mt. Sutton, QC on that trip as well. Hit Jay Peak for two separate trips last year and I love the new england terrain. In some ways I miss it in the rockies, we have no sheltered glades with a nice canopy over top, everything's rock outcrops, spaced out evergreens, etc.

Remember a windy day last year at Jay where I'd get off the green mountain freezer and head for the glades off lower goat run, it was so sheltered in there it was a great warm up! Plus the terrain was nicely pitched with great powder in between the trees...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote