Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Official Michigan Winter Thread

490K views 8K replies 153 participants last post by  sabatoa 
#1 ·
Alright everyone since Summer is over, fall has just begun and we've already had our first rail jam of the year, it's time to start a new thread for the 10/11 winter.

Last year we had the "Southeast" michigan thread, but I think we should do all of Michigan. Sure, most of population lives in S/E michigan but we all ride the same resorts in the LP and even the UP if we get a chance, so we should have one thread to bring everyone together.

Cheers everyone we're probably only like 70 days from open resorts!

#4,174 ·
:laugh:

Thanks you guys. I appreciate the votes!

Part of my problem is like I said in the original thread, I don't do any social media. (...creepy MoFo that I am, I'm not out trollin' the FB or Twitter!) ;) So Other than this site, I've got nowhere else to campaign for votes.

I'd feel a bit better about my super early, one day out if it didn't come with the cold I came down with the next day! LOL! (...could be worse, I could have gotten it the day before!) :blink:

Here's hoping for a "White Thanksgiving!" :thumbsup:

#4,175 ·
Weather permitting, I will be at Crystal on my birthday, the day after Thanksgiving. Wish it was here right now.

I don't do any social networking either Chomps. Fuck that shit IMO. No offense to those that do, of course.

#4,180 ·
I know a lot of you don't use other social media, but if you do, I am setting up a Mt. Holly twitter feed.

Basically it will retweet any tweet that uses #MtHolly hashtag, so if you're on twitter, do me a favor and tweet something with that hashtag (this is to help me test/debug it). It's set to auto-respond like every 30 minutes so it won't be instant re-tweet. Seems to be working so far...

#4,185 ·
Hard to say. Still 8-9 days of voting. The response from SBF Has been just awesome. But blondie must have one hell of a social media presence. She's 340 some votes ahead. Yesterday, day before, she had less than 100.

I still have hope. ;)

#4,186 · (Edited)
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Boyne Highland's web page says they plan to open for TG weekend. Getting some snow now and forecast looks like cold all week for snowmaking and maybe even a chance for some accumulating LE snow as well! :yahoo:

So,.. With that kind of news, Who's heading north next weekend? I will have to work Fri. so I was thinking about Caberfea. Only b'cuz it's a much shorter drive, but if they get a bunch of LE at Highlands? I may ask for the following Mon. off to make a 3 day weekender. Hell, I might go even if they won't give me the time off. An overnighter is a loong drive, but might b worth it if it's good enough!

-edit-
...Oh and don't forget to vote for Marhar contest1 ;) Marhar MOvember

#4,192 · (Edited)
Harbor Springs is getting 1-4 inches tonight! :yahoo: It looks like I will be trying to get that monday after TG off after all! With the forecast I'm seeing Highlands should be pretty good by next weekend!

Mt. Holly and PK are talking about maybe getting open tomorrow! FML and this freaking cold I'm nursing, but I'm going to take it easy so I'm 100% for next weekend and my B-day trip north on the 6th! WooHoo!!

I certainly hope the rest of Dec. and the season for that matter lives up to this early opening! :thumbsup:

#4,193 ·
Harbor Springs is getting 1-4 inches tonight! :yahoo: It looks like I will be trying to get that monday after TG off after all! With the forecast I'm seeing Highlands should be pretty good by next weekend!

MyHolly and PK are talking about maybe getting open tomorrow! FML and this freaking cold I'm nursing, but I'm going to take it easy so I'm 100% for next weekend and my B-day trip north on the 6th! WooHoo!!

I certainly hope the rest of Dec. and the season for that matter lives up to this early opening! :thumbsup:
Yeah I can't do tomorrow. .. family and stuff if like to ride but I already got one day on the white ribbon of death I'll try and get out maybe Tuesday night otherwise I'm looking forward to caberfae this wknd.

#4,195 · (Edited)
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

TWC just announced,.. 5-8 Inches of lake effect for northern lower peninsula! Outstanding!!! Im gonna have to get my day off request in on Mon. :yahoo:

(....I'd better get that first wax of the season on the boards too!)

#4,197 ·
LOL not for me when I went to MTH the other week I rushed and put the ugliest damn coat of wax on a board, ever. I was embarrassed to be riding it it was so bad.

I had the intention of riding my Marhar but then realized that conditions were going to be shitty so I might as well ride the rock board, so the Marhar is actually covered in wax (I never scraped it) and so I probably have to start that one from scratch which will take 2x as long now that I essentially have it covered in storage wax lol.

But I got these from Echelon earlier this week, fresh out of the factory plastic. I might scrape my Marhar and bring with but I'll probably just take a few of these up to Caberfae:

#4,199 ·
WTH? Well,.. where exactly are you located? The next couple weeks are looking pretty damned good for just about any of the locals in MI. What's stoppin' ya from getting out to one of 'em?

(...not raggin' on ya btw, just wundrin what's keeping you off your board?) :dunno:

#4,201 ·
Ahh! Sorry! Appreciate the service! On the bright side, your return should coincide with really good conditions. So stay stoked! :thumbsup:

#4,204 · (Edited)
...smiley when you say that Pard'! ;) lol

#4,211 ·
PSA: Just a reminder,..

Thought I'd post an early reminder here that on Saturday the 7th of Dec. This is the day that Argo and his family are supposed to be at Mt. Brighton. I thought it would be nice if we could maybe get together a contingent of S.E. MI. regional members to be there to join in on taking a few laps and cheer him on in his Epic Race endeavor!

I haven't decided yet if I will cancel my B-day trip to Boyne that weekend. It all depends on whether or not I make it up there this coming weekend. If I do, I may just decide to postpone that trip north, save some money and hope for a big winter storm to hit before the first week or two of Jan.

However, if I can't get this next Mon. off of work for an extended weekend to get north? Then, I will probably keep my B-day trip plans. Conditions up there are just looking too good right now to pass that up! :dunno:

Anyway, I thought this post could serve as a reminder for folks in this forum if they wanted to make plans for a Mt. Brighton/Argo/MI. regional meet up! :thumbsup: (....assuming you do not already have travel plans for that weekend!)

#4,212 ·
Thought I'd post an early reminder here that on Saturday the 7th of Dec. This is the day that Argo and his family are supposed to be at Mt. Brighton. I thought it would be nice if we could maybe get together a contingent of S.E. MI. regional members to be there to join in on taking a few laps and cheer him on in his Epic Race endeavor!

I haven't decided yet if I will cancel my B-day trip to Boyne that weekend. It all depends on whether or not I make it up there this coming weekend. If I do, I may just decide to postpone that trip north, save some money and hope for a big winter storm to hit before the first week or two of Jan.

However, if I can't get this next Mon. off of work for an extended weekend to get north? Then, I will probably keep my B-day trip plans. Conditions up there are just looking too good right now to pass that up! :dunno:

Anyway, I thought this post could serve as a reminder for folks in this forum if they wanted to make plans for a Mt. Brighton/Argo/MI. regional meet up! :thumbsup: (....assuming you do not already have travel plans for that weekend!)
Damn I thought he was coming on Friday December 6th?

#4,213 ·
Last two times Ive been in contact he said he would be here the 7th. Initially he was shooting for the 6th. Not sure what's changed. Maybe he re-ordered his MI/WI visit itinerary. Considering where he's coming from, I think a WI first stop makes more sense travel wise. :dunno:

If I hear otherwise, I will post it up. But for now, I would plan on Sat. the 7th. :thumbsup: