Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any truth to "too young to snowboard"???
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
schmitty34
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
I think the above is really important. I hate seeing parents (actually it seems to only be dads) angrily snapping at their kids for not performing well enough. Leave it to an adult to suck the joy out of something.
I will never be this way. I want my kids to have fun and have a chance to experience a lot of fun things so they can decide what they are "in to". My two biggest sports are basketball and snowboarding. If my son decides he doesn't like either, that's cool with me. I just want him to enjoy and be passionate about something productive.

The only reason I am thinking about switching to a board this early is because he enjoyed skiing but he is now asking if he's old enough to snowboard. I want to give him a chance to try it, but I just want to make sure I don't do it too early.

To the instructors - Based on your experience, if he was coordinated enough to start hitting the green chairs during his second group lesson on skis, does that translate to being coordinated/developed enough to have a chance at being successful at learning to ride as a 5-year-old? Very general, I know, but that's the only real gauge I can give you.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote